TrueSpeed

Bringing faster broadband to Dundry.
Lizzy

TrueSpeed

Post by Lizzy » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 10:18 am

Hi, did the village look at this option? Will they come to Dundry regardless of what is happening with Wight Wireless?

Thanks

Liz

TimWaite

Re: TrueSpeed

Post by TimWaite » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 11:36 am

Hi Lizzy
We have been talking to Evan Wienburg, CEO of TrueSpeed Communications Ltd since July 2016 and to Charles Turton (then their Sales manager). Unfortunately after positive promises from Charles, he left the company and thereafter, Truespeed showed no interest in providing broadband to Dundry in the near future.
We have also spoken to BT, Virgin Media (who are active only 1 mile away in Bishopsworth) and Voneus. However Wight Wireless were the first to make concrete proposals and have started installations but I believe they are finding it more problematic than they had expected. We have had reassurances last month that they are still working on connecting more of the village.
I personally believe in the next decade either Gigaclear or Truespeed will be installing full fibre to the home in our area, but that is some way off.
Tim

Lizzy

Re: TrueSpeed

Post by Lizzy » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 8:54 am

Hi Tim

In light of the delays I think it would be good if Wight Wireless would consider emailing an update to all those with unfulfilled orders every 2 or 4 wks to keep everyone in the loop. I personally have been led to believe an engineer will be booked in imminently only for things to go quiet again.

I'd rather know, even if there are problems and delays and I have to forget about it for a while.

Liz