(You should have seen this already, if you have a voucher.)Over the last few weeks both voucher holders and suppliers have requested that CDS extend the voucher scheme deadline beyond the end of March 31st. Given the continued level of demand we feel that it is only right that the deadline be extended for all voucher holders and suppliers. We are therefore moving the final deadline for this stage of the CDS voucher scheme to 30th June 2017.
By this date we would expect all installations to be completed. We hope that this extension will provide adequate time to complete all outstanding installations. This will be the final deadline of the scheme, we will not be issuing any further extensions so we would suggest voucher holders consider their options carefully.
In the meantime, large parts of Dundry are getting very excited about the prospect of having faster Internet access soon. About 120 households and bussinesses (more than one third of Dundry) have already signed up to the Wight Wireless offer and if you, too, want to be part of our Internet revolution, please get in touch with email@example.com as soon as possible.
In particular, we are looking for more users from the following areas:
- Crabtree Close
Dundry Lane Crabtree Close
Here are a few helpful tips:
- The CDS voucher only entitles you to a free installation. If you were not able to get hold of one back in
November 2016, you can still join the Wight Wireless scheme. The only difference is that you would have to pay the installation costs of about £200-300 yourself.
- If you are currently locked in a fixed-term contract, you can join the scheme alongside, as your landline connection and the wireless setup are two completely separate technologies (see document below). If you do not want to run two contracts at the same time and rather wait for the expiration of your fixed term, it would still be helpful if you could let firstname.lastname@example.org know whether you intend to join Wight Wireless at a later stage. Right now, you do not need to sign any paper or pay anything.
- You can either keep your BT landline or have your existing telephone number transferred to Wight Wireless. Either way, you can be sure that all the people who know your number can reach you in the same way as before.
- You can also ask Charles about any technical concerns you might have. Generally, we can assure you that fixed wireless is a proven technology that works for thousands, if not millions of other users and the speed improvement over our current connection is well worth it.
- Our Annual Parish Meeting is this year on 24 April at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. Charles and Trevor will be at hand to give you the latest update and explain what happens next. Please come to the APM show your support for their scheme and ask them any questions.
Your Dundry Broadband Group and