Wight Wireless Issues

Bringing faster broadband to Dundry.
Melanie East

Wight Wireless Issues

Post by Melanie East » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 2:38 pm

Hello everybody

Could anybody please tell me if they are experiencing wifi dropping in and out? Or calls which drop out (where the other person can't hear you?) (I'm in East Dundry)

I'm sorry to say that I'm having real problems with Wight Wireless. Having admitted to me there is a problem and that the signal is weaker than it should be compared to my neighbour, and that the VOIP calls are dropping, they now deny there is any problem at all. I can't get any further forward with them. I'm really at the end of my tether.

When the wifi works it is good, but the problem I have is that it continually drops in and out in and out in and out. It will drop for maybe 20 seconds, then reconnect, then drop again.. ad infinitum. It's driving me crazy. In case this was to do with the extenders around the house I unplugged them including the master one, as advised to do by them, but it made no difference whatsoever. We *do* have wifi, but it is constantly kicking us out and then reconnecting.

Is anybody else having problems with wifi dropping in and out? With voice calls? I would be so grateful if you would let me know, because I can't believe its just me having this issue! I swear they think I"m making it up!

With many thanks and kind regards,

Melanie East

Holger Laux

Re: Wight Wireless Issues

Post by Holger Laux » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:57 pm

I've had a problem with this in the past and they said it was a piece of equipment "dropping packets".

Once they had exchanged the device, it was fine.

Holger (living in Crabtree)